When it comes to legal matters (and, for that matter, life in general), Maurice loves to think outside the box, without losing sight of the box itself. In more than 30 years zealously representing his clients, he has not been afraid to challenge conventional legal wisdom while operating well within the framework of accepted legal principles. Maurice is rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale Hubbell, reflecting the results of peer reviews of the highest level for legal ability and ethical standards.
Maurice is a legal renaissance man of sorts and we make sure that the novel matters that require diverse skills and experience find themselves in his hands. Those matters include breach of contract, employment discrimination, legal malpractice, personal injury, real estate and complex commercial litigation, as well as both state and federal appeals.
Known and loved for his witty one-liners, Maurice makes evoking smiles and laughs a part of a day’s work—and we give him credit for those pro bono efforts to spread joy around the office. Whether he’s defending an employment claim for an employer (harkening back to his days supervising national litigation for Eastern Airlines as its Senior Director of Legal Affairs), handling an aviation equipment or financing transaction, providing corporate advice or litigating a complex commercial foreclosure action, he’s always looking for effective and efficient solutions for his clients—while throwing in a few choice puns along the way.
- Scarfo v. Ginsberg, 175 F. 3d 957 (11th Cir. 1999)
- Pinnacle Aircraft Parts, Inc. v. Luxury Air, LLC, 2003 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 19753 (Oct. 14, 2003)
- Bistricer v. Oceanside Acquisitions, LLC, 937 So. 2d 786 (Fla. 2d DCA 2006)
- Nat’l Continental Ins. Co. v. Perez, 897 So. 2d 492 (Fla. 3d DCA 2005)
- Parsons v. Continental Airlines, Inc., 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 39216 (M.D. Fla. June 14, 2006)
- United States v. Phoenix Fuel Corporation, 904 F. Supp. 2d 1206 (D. Wy. 2012)
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell, constituting a peer ranking at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Florida, New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Johns Hopkins University (B.S., Mathematics, Honors, 1976)
- Johns Hopkins University (M.S. Computer Science 1979)
- Columbia University School of Law (J.D. 1981)
- The Florida Bar, Member
- The New York Bar, Member
- Greater Miami Aviation Association, Member